DATASHIELD ADT is looking for a motivated individual to fill our offensive security engineering role. Candidates should have a red teaming background with first-hand pen-testing experience, understanding of threat detection practices, ability to stand up test environments (single VMs and full domain-based attacks) and write basic scripts. Prospective candidates should have excellent communication skills, work effectively in a team, and perform well in a rapidly paced environment.
Threat emulation and test environment setup/maintenance
Scripting for automation and custom alerts
Threat research and rule writing for various SIEM platforms.
Identifying gaps in log collection, signatures, and environment visibility.
Working with customer success team and engineering to improve detection capabilities.
Identifying advanced malicious activity that has evaded traditional security monitoring capability and write rules to detect the activity
Assist customers with custom requests for content to fulfill their security requirements.
Desired Background / Skillset:
- Red team experience
- Understanding and capable use of Linux-based environments
- Scripting in various languages (Python, Lua, Bash, Powershell)
- Must be able to stand up environments for testing latest CVEs and the latest techniques used by APTs, Malware, and Penetration Testers
- Strong understanding of network principles and topology, network protocol behavior, security devices (IPS, IDS, Firewall, WAF).
- Must have strong understanding of various ATPs and Tools, Tactics, and Procedures used by malicious actors and malware.
- Must understand how to gather threat intelligence and identify IoCs for use in detection mechanisms at both the host and network level.
Recommended certifications: GIAC 400/500-level certifications (or industry equivalent).
Required experience (Minimum): 1-2 years of practical pen-testing experience, 3-4 years of direct involvement with offensive security.