DATASHIELD ADT is looking for a motivated individual to fill our offensive security engineering role. Candidates should have a red teaming background with first-hand pen-testing experience, understanding of threat detection practices, ability to stand up test environments (single VMs and full domain-based attacks) and write basic scripts. Prospective candidates should have excellent communication skills, work effectively in a team, and perform well in a rapidly paced environment.
- Threat emulation and test environment setup/maintenance
- Scripting for automation and custom alerts
- Threat research and rule writing for various SIEM platforms.
- Identifying gaps in log collection, signatures, and environment visibility.
- Working with customer success team and engineering to improve detection capabilities.
- Identifying advanced malicious activity that has evaded traditional security monitoring capability and write rules to detect the activity
- Assist customers with custom requests for content to fulfill their security requirements.
Desired Background / Skillset:
- Red team experience
- Understanding and capable use of Linux-based environments
- Scripting in various languages (Python, Lua, Bash, Powershell)
- Must be able to stand up environments for testing latest CVEs and the latest techniques used by APTs, Malware, and Penetration Testers
- Strong understanding of network principles and topology, network protocol behavior, security devices (IPS, IDS, Firewall, WAF).
- Must have strong understanding of various ATPs and Tools, Tactics, and Procedures used by malicious actors and malware.
- Must understand how to gather threat intelligence and identify IoCs for use in detection mechanisms at both the host and network level.
Recommended certifications: GIAC 400/500-level certifications (or industry equivalent).
Required experience (Minimum): 1-2 years of practical pen-testing experience, 3-4 years of direct involvement with offensive security.