We are looking for a Security Systems Engineer to join the Datashield Production Support team. Your primary responsibilities will be designing and implementing best-practice-based configurations and customizations on customer systems, including RSA Netwitness, LogRhythm, Microsoft Sentinel, Mimecast, and more. Other responsibilities will include maintenance, system upgrades, and troubleshooting on these systems as well as internal corporate IT systems as needed. This position is a blend of security engineering as well as system administration.
- Providing Engineering support for security-related devices to include SEIM/Log Management, IDS and other security devices
- Administering, upgrading and supporting a variety of systems (Linux, Windows, Network)
- Utilizing progressive troubleshooting skills
- Integrating diverse systems and automating tasks
- Demonstration of understanding advanced networking concepts
- Interfacing directly with customers to understand their needs and provide timely, accurate solutions
Desired Background / Skillset:
The individual will need to be able to effectively communicate with our clients regarding the system administration and troubleshooting of their systems by monitoring and managing these devices remotely from our Scottsdale office. Additionally, the ideal candidate will need to understand how to set priorities on incoming tasks with minimal assistance. Linux administration and SIEM configuration experience is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of IT systems, networking, domains, and enterprise applications
- Experience with administration of SIEMs, specifically RSA Netwitness, a plus.
- Ability to identify system faults, triage, troubleshooting, and see issues through to resolution
- Candidate should be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers while working on other complex issues or tasks
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Experience working in environments with compliance standards such as HIPPA, PCI, or other security compliance standards
Desired Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience